Nondiscrimination Statement and Accessibility Requirements
Blessing Health System complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, language, national origin, personal or cultural beliefs, values, preferences or payment sources.
Blessing Health System:
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact your health care provider or call the main operator:
- Illinois and Missouri: 217-223-200
- Iowa: 319-524-7150
If you believe that Blessing Health System has failed to provide these services or discriminated in any way, you may contact Justin McDermott, Risk Management and Patient Relations Specialist at 217-223-1200, extension 7214, P.O. Box 7005, Quincy, IL 62305 or email Justin.McDermott@blessinghealth.org. You may file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, Justin McDermott is available to help you.
You may file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.